SUMMARY of the 1st TRANSNATIONAL MEETING EXPLORE, … · Through the streets we joined the White...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of SUMMARY of the 1st TRANSNATIONAL MEETING EXPLORE, … · Through the streets we joined the White...
SUMMARY of the 1st TRANSNATIONAL MEETING
EXPLORE, CREATE and KNOW 15th-20th December 2019
Dimotiko Scholeio Plateos Imathias - Greece 2019-1-FR01-KA229-062162_1
France : Collège La Plaine, Lavardac Greece: Dimotiko Scholeio Plateos Imathias, Platy Imathias Lithuania: Kretinga Simonas Daukantas Progymnasium, Kretinga Poland: Publiszna Szkola Podstawowa Wstarej Slupi, Nowa Slupia Portugal: Escola Secundária Dr. Joaquim Gomes Ferreira, Vila Nova de Gaia Turkey : Talatpasa Ortaokulu, Bayrakli
The first event should have taken place in Turkey in October but French Government doesn’t allowed mobilities to Turkey. Maria Tachtsoglou, the Greek coordinator, accepted to organise the first meeting but we had to delayed it. Each team was composed of the coordinator and a teacher involved in the project. The first event focused mainly for teacher on planning the tasks and activities, to achieve outcomes of the project, setting the details and the way of work of the partnership. For teachers and students, the Greek team share with the others team best practices and innovating teaching methods. Students were involved in cooperation and participative activities connected with the project to “explore, create and know” more about the others. All the partners arrived in Thessaloniki on Sunday 15th December. According to the schedule, activities were planned from Monday to Friday. Monday 16th December
- Welcoming students at school with ice-breaking activities and a workshop about what students know about the others.
- Welcoming teachers with an invitation to the ceremony. - Welcoming ceremony at Platy’s auditorium with all the classes of the school, all the partners of
the project, families. Greek teachers had planned different moments on stage : describing each country, region and school with a slideshow ; presenting each team ; presenting Christmas tales ; singing Greeks carols accompanied by traditional instrument ; discovering traditional costumes ; reading and sharing wishes for a peaceful and humane world.
First workshop to share details of partnership, valid the draft program of the following days with a detailed planning of activities (Tuesday and Wednesday). The afternoon ended with the visit of the ethnographic museum at Platy Imathias. A team of volunteers has rebuilt a traditional house of refugees from Cappadocia with the furniture of the 1920’s.
Tuesday 17th December
- After new ice-breaking activities with balloons, students were divided in two groups to participate to an art or English lesson with the Greek forms.
- Some more activities were proposed after break. An interactive English lesson (« Let’s celebrate » method) was organised. It was interesting to notice that reading text or comics, learning vocabulary, singing and acting, listening at a storytelling were mixed to make participating each student. This innovating English teaching method was completed by many exercises to enrich knowledge. Each student received a copy of the method. Teachers exchanged with the trainers about teaching methods.
- Then, students participate to a traditional dance lesson. All together, forming a circle in the gymnasium, pupils could try to practice the famous « sirtaki » in particular.
- Students participate to a first aid lesson with volunteers of the red cross. One after the other, they could try to perform a cardiac massage on a mannequin.
Second workshop toend the program of the week (Thursday and Friday) and decide how to organise the logo’s vote, how to create the Facebook group, the website, how to enrich the twin space. Teachers and students left for the suburbs of Thessaloniki in order to visit two museums. The Greek Games Museum was interesting for its collection of traditional games dating back to antiquity. Comparing photos of pottery, engravings, mosaics with reconstructions of toys, we have seen that some games have been around for a very long time. The Body Museum allowed us to immerse ourselves inside a body reconstructed on a large scale. The mediator was able to give us full details of how it worked. Wednesday 18th December We started to discover Vergina and Veria region by bus. At Vergina, we visit the Royal Tomb of Philip II which was covered by a tumulus. We saw the splendour of the tomb, of gold furniture. We were guided in this archeological museum to have more information about the way of life at the Great Alexander period. After some shopping time, the partners went to Veria to visit the main library sponsored by the Bill Gates foundation. An example of what are libraries of the 21st century: new technologies, new medias but also books, activities to democratize culture for free ! Then we started a guided walking tour in the city. We stopped at the Veria’s City Hall where we were welcomed in the council hall. Later, we were able to enter a mosk, a synagogue, an orthodox church. While walking in the old districts, we discovered the Ottoman architecture. Thursday 19th December We came in Thessaloniki by bus. We visited the museum of the Greek gods. As if we were on Mount Olympus, actors make us discovering life, history and secrets of mythology. We continued with a guided tour of the biennial exhibition organized by the museum of contemporary art. We were explained the artistic context of creating few masterpieces. Through the streets we joined the White Tower from where we could admire the view of the sea and the city. The Turkish team goes to the Turkish embassy and visit the Ataturk Museum. Other teams visited different parts of the city from the Modiano market, to the Rotunda and the Galerian Arch. Friday 20th December
- Each country showed its presentation. By using slideshows, students are introducing their country and school. Some countries added videos made by students in ICT (Portugal and
Lithuania) or made by tourism office (Turkey). Students had different attitudes : reading slides, speaking with the help of reading… they all succeed in explaining main spots of their culture.
- Each team select only one logo to represent its country (6 logos were brought to the meeting by each partner).
- Workshops for students, mixed groups : o Cooking traditional sweets with a Greek mama : step by step, they added all ingredients
and baked those delicious cakes. It smelt good throughout the school ; o Creating a common lapbook for the Erasmus project: each participant try to find famous
authors, sports players, famous monuments or public personalities, famous words, famous plates… and organised them with coloured and folded paper;
o Robots competition : 2 teachers in ICT explained how to use and command robots, then the faster team having the greatest score won (letters/points) … the tension and the stress were there … but the teams were always in a good mood ;
- Vote and select the Erasmus project logo. Each country couldn’t vote for his own logo. Each participant could vote for one logo. And the winner is the beautiful polish butterfly (10/36 voices).
- We ended the week by singing together Greek carols in the main hall of the school. The Turkish team made us play and repeat rhythms with percussion.
Three different workshops for teachers and coordinators were organised in the same day :
Plan meetings for the first and second years taking into account the requirements of each host country ;
Plan what to do in order to prepare the second meeting in Poland and the third meeting in Lithuania. Modify and adjust the provisional schedule filed ;
Make a draft program of the meeting in Poland. Then Maria prepared evaluation questionnaire and certificates. Teachers and coordinators workshops : planning the tasks and activities for next meetings. To remind:
- Each host country sends the draft program of the meetings. - Each host country writes the newsletter of the meetings on Microsoft Sway - The French coordinator write the final report of each meeting.
C1: Greece instead of Turkey; 15th to 20th December 2019; 5 days C2: Poland; 1st to 5th June 2020; 5 days C3: Lithuania; 5th to 9th October 2020; 5 days C4: Turkey instead of Greece; 8th to 12th March 2021; 5 days C5: France, 31st May to 4th June 2021: 3 days
Discussions between partners about the possibilities to add more students in C2, C3 or C4. Each partner explains that it will be hard and difficult to find more host families, to manage more accommodations, to manage groupworks at schools… It is too early to consider solutions. About C5, the French coordinator must verify with his national agency if the “International Conference” (2 students + 2teachers; 3 days) can be changed in “LTTA France”, or if more students could participate, or if more teachers could participate. The French coordinator must verify if the “International Conference” is a conference of 3 days, or a conference of 1 day and workshops and activities/visits.
Due to delay of 1st meeting, it perhaps would be necessary to add a C6 in Portugal for teachers in July 2021 (evaluate the project, discussions on final report, summarizing the project tasks). It’s done ! :
- The Turkish coordinator created the e-twinning group and the twinspace of the project. (P6) Each teacher and participant can post a comment, pictures or a video. (P14) https://twinspace.etwinning.net/96065/home
- The Polish coordinator created the project website https://explorecreateknow.webs.com/ .
(P6). Each participant can send materials: documents (quiz, slideshow, posters, padlet, crosswords…) in PDF file, links to watch videos uploaded on Youtube, pictures in JPEG file. (P14).
- The French coordinator created the Facebook group. Each coordinator can add pictures and comments. (P6)
- Create logos, make a logo competition in each school and post them in Twinspace.(P5/P8) - Select a logo for the project. (P8) - Send and receive greeting card. (P9) - Make posters for the project. (P5) - Create digital presentations of the schools. (P7)
To do :
- The Greek students must finish the cover of the common lapbook. - Continuing to share good practices and innovate teaching method in each meeting. - The Portuguese coordinator will create a Padlet where students will share “common words” in
each language. For each meeting, 20 new words or basic expressions will be added. The first session for Poland meeting will be :
Friendship Cultural heritage What’s your name? Love
Explore Hello How old are you? Peace
Create Goodbye Where are you from? Protect the nature
Know Thank you Good evening Be kind
cooperation How are you? Good afternoon Respect
- P10 – January 2020 - Students look for information about their country and region,
countries monuments, visiting places… and create video or presentations about it ; - P11 + P12 - January 2020 - Students make a crossword about their country and region for
other country's students + create a questionnaire (10 questions with 3 multi choice) for others about their country for the end of January
- P13 – February 2020 - Uploading the activities on eTwinning page and web page of each partner school
- P16 – March 2020 - Students can use Learningapps.com (https://learningapps.org/ ) to create
crosswords or games for other country's students about their country and region.
- P17 – April and May 2020 - before LTT meeting in Poland, students will read Sagas and Legends from their own town or will be invited a storyteller to school or visit a theatrical production of a Saga or Legend.
- Each country chooses and acts a short saga or legend of his country in English (5 minutes on stage). Each country prepares its costumes and sets (must be taken in luggage!). Polish team can find some furniture if needed.
- Each country makes a drawing in black and white A4 PDF file to resume or evoke the saga or legend and send it to the Polish Coordinator who will print it in A3.
- Each country makes a presentation of the saga or legend for the others countries.
- C2 – June 2020 – Meeting in Poland Welcoming and short presentation of each country Children’s day the 1st of june Workshop to prepare drama performances night : making posters for the event,
reading the summury of each saga or legend on Twinspace, acting and training, making decorations for the night
Drama performances night – 5 minutes /country Observe lessons, share good practices and innovate teaching method Workshop calendar “Our town’s legend”: prepare 6 drawings with the 6 sagas or
legends. A technic will be given by the art teacher. Workshops creative activities Flashmob “Polonas”
- P18 – June 2020 - Dissemination of C2 results to students, teachers, parents, local
community. To share Our town‘s legends on Twinspace and web site
- P10 – September 2020 - Students look for information about their town, town’s monuments and create video or presentations about it;
- P11 + P12 +P16 - October 2020 - Students make a crossword about their town for other country's students + create a questionnaire for others about their town for the end of January. Students can use Learningapps.com (https://learningapps.org/ ) to create crosswords or games for other country's students about their town.
- C3 – October 2020 – Meeting in Lithuania